Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Favorite Time of Night

During our recent stay in Kingman, AZ, I had some trouble sleeping, but as you can see the rest of my "punks" did not! Sometimes, I suffer from a little insomnia and when I do I go from room to room checking on everyone and watching them sleep. The day will come soon that they won't sleep in our house every night and I won't get to watch them a peace and think about how lucky and blessed I am. Some nights I get up several times to check on them, especially when they were babies.

I was appalled to find out that one of my best friends on the planet, and possibly could be the best mom ever, did not check on her kids before she went to bed. After making her feel insufficient and sufficiently guilty, she assures me that she checks on them every night and admits that's one of her fav things to do, as well.

Don't tell the kiddos, but sometimes I lay down with them and hold them as tight as possible because each day is one more moment I can't get back of their childhood, plus they are super quiet and that's always a bonus when I'm trying to love on t hem (hahaha).

So here is a snapshot of my favorite time of night:





If you don't already look in on your family at night, try it. You never know, it might become a habit!

No comments: