Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back To School


It's the most wonderful time of the year...the kids headed back to school this week and I am one happy mom! Don't get me wrong, I love being with the monkeys. We traveled a lot this summer, which was fun. We also had a lot of difficult things come up that we had to deal with as a family and/or a couple. Plus, the kids fought more than usual and that drives me NUTS!

Time can not be stopped. Annie is an 8th grader, Belle is in 4th, and Charlie is in 2nd. It was just yesterday I was dropping Annie off for her first day of kindergarten and I cried all the way home. Everyone had a great first day and didn't complain when I woke them up this morning. Not being the new kids this year helped so much with first day jitters (there were hardly any) and everyone left the house with smiles on their faces. Cam was home for the first time ever on the morning of the first day, which the kids appreciated immensely.

I'm wishing everyone a happy, safe, fun-filled school year. And in a couple of months will be saying "I can't wait for summer to get here, so we can relax". It's like child birth: you forget the pain, so you can do it again!


No comments: