Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Prayer Tonight

Did I mention my son was funny? I know, this will be 2 posts about him, but what can I say, the kid has material. So, Belle, Charlie, and I were in my bed (which is where they have been sleeping for the last 6 weeks while hubs has been gone)...don't ask...anyway, we were snuggled in bed saying our nighttime prayers and it's Charlie's turn. Earlier in the day at school he had fallen off the monkey bars at school (right on his cute little bum) and complained a little off and on about it when he got home. Back to the prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Please protect Daddy in Kingman.
Please make Mae better and help her to be able to play again,
and please help my butt to stop hurting.
In Jesus' name,
Amen".

Hysterical laughter coming for Belle's side of the bed and all I could think to say is "did you just say butt in a prayer to God?" We don't use the word butt in our house (notice it's four letters). I may use it, but the kiddos aren't supposed to...so, Charlie closes his eyes quickly and says:

"God, I meant to say bottom...will you please help my bottom stop hurting".

As Belle continues to giggle, I can't help but join her because my funny son managed to say "butt" as he was talking to our Father in Heaven. I could almost hear His chuckle, as well.

Kids say the darndest things, don't they?

No comments: