Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School


It's that time of year again where our little ones and big ones head off early in the morning, spend their days with teachers and friends, and return home tired and hungry. Last year I was sad and felt empty when the kiddos went back to school. This year was quite different and what a relief.

I felt a little guilty doing the "happy dance" before the bus even pulled away from the curb, but it didn't stop me from celebrating just a little. My poor neighbor was sending her 4th child to kindergarten and cried as we walked back to our houses. I felt for her, but was relieved to find out that my sister-in-laws did their own happy dances as their children left for school.

School has been in for 4 official days and I have become so much more productive around the house. Tomorrow I'm headed to a nearby gym (gasp) to sign up for a membership, so I can start working out and return my body to its post-baby state...ok, maybe that's a dream, but I would like shrink the size of my butt! I can actually do some things for myself this year and feel a little guilty about that, but my mother-in-law says give it 2 months and the guilt will be gone.

I am also happy to report that all 3 children have had positive experiences in their new schools and seem to be making friends and adjusting well. After our first day jitters, things started running smoothly, including going to bed at a decent hour. Although no one likes getting up at 6:30 (including me, especially me).




WOW! Where does the time go? It was only yesterday...and now they are in the 3rd and 1st grade.








Two words: seventh grade! One important rule: NO boys! A mom can hope, can't she?


No comments: